Wife of the Executive Governor
Barrister (Mrs.) Anna Mbasughun Darius Ishaku, wife of the Taraba State Governor was born on the 24th of August, 1957. She hails from Vandeikya Local Government Area of Benue State and is married with 5 children.
Barr. Anna Ishaku began her educational pursuit at St. Bartholomew’s Primary School, Wusasa, Zaria from 1964-1969; where she proceeded to Girls High School Gindiri between 1969-1973. She thereafter enrolled into the School of Basic Studies, ABU-Zaria between 1975-1976 and into the Faculty of Law of the same institution in 1976 where she graduated with Law Degree in 1979. She further attended Nigerian Law School, Lagos in 1979 and was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1980.
She started her career in the National Youth Service as Legal Aid Council in Kano after which she joined the Private firm of Sam Tsumba and Company in Makurdi, where she was engaged in private practice until 1985 when she left to join her husband in Kaduna.
She was employed in the Ministry of Justice Kaduna State, as a Senior State Counsel in 1986 and rose to the ranks of Assistant Director, then Acting Director Public Prosecutions where she was appointed the Solicitor-General and Permanent Secretary of the Ministry in 1997, a position she held until 2002 when she left to join the ECOWAS Community Court of Justice as Chief Registrar.
Barr. Anna Ishaku was one time Chairperson and is also a life member of the International Federation of Women Lawyers, (FIDA). She was one time Treasurer, Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Kaduna Branch. She was a Member, African Network for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect, (ANPCAN), Kaduna Branch and Legal Adviser to the Association of the Physically Challenged, Kaduna Branch.
Her Excellency has held the following non-Political Appointments:
- Chancellor – Anglican Diocese of Katsina, 1994 – Date.
- Deputy Chancellor – Anglican Diocese of Kaduna.
- Legal Adviser – Our Saviour’s Anglican School.
She has attended the following workshops and training:
- New Constitution and Transition to Civil Rule 1989.
- Crime and Crimes Control- 1990.
- International Contract Negotiations 1990.
- Use of Computer Print – Out Evidence 1992.
- Challenges of legal practice in the 21st Century Nigeria.
- Training on Preparation of Budget.
- Training in Advocacy, Mobilization, and Counselling Skills 1998.
- International Visitors Program on US Judicial System 2001.
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program, US sponsored Mediation and Leadership Training in Minnesota University, USA.
She enjoys Gardening and Listening to Music.