Office of the Head of ServiceClick on the Downward Arrow to View Details
About This Page
This page consists of the functions of the Office, Units under the office, profile of the current Head of Service and tables showing the list of previous Heads of Service.
Units Under the Office
The Units under the Office include;
- Career Management Office.
- Common Service/IPPS/ICT.
- Manpower Development and Training.
- Establishment and Records Departments
Each Unit is headed by a Permanent Secretary.
Establishment and Records Departments –
Mr. William Ahmadu Sale Magaji the Permanent Secretary Establishment and Record, Office of the Head of Civil Service, was born on the 25th October 1960 and he hails from Takum LGA, he is married with four children. He likes reading, watching football and listening to music.
Mr. William began his educational pursuit EKAS Primary School from 1980-1975, where he enrolled into Govt. College Keffi from 1975-1980, he proceeded to College of Preliminary Studies Yola from 1980-1982, he later proceeded to ABU Zaria from 1982-1985.
His professional achievements include;
– Asst. Lecture at Staff Development Institute Numan (now Adamawa State Polytechnic) from 1988 – 1989.
– Director Administration. July, 2008 – 2020.
– Permanent Secretary. August 2020.
Workshops attended by Mr. William include;
- Workshop for newly employed Admin officers in August 1989 at Yola.
- UNICEF workshops for ten Northern states in 2006 at Kano.
- ASCON workshop on public service rules in 2010 at Minna.
- National workshop on contrary pension in 2014 at Kaduna.
Manpower Development and Training
Permanent Secretary, Manpower Development – Office of the HOS. Umar Adamu Leme was born on 31st Dec. 1961 and hails from Sardauna L.G.A. He is married with ten children and he likes reading and traveling.
Alhaji Umar began his educational pursuit Mansur Primary School, Gembu from 1969 – 1975, where he enrolled in to Government Secondary School, Ganye between 1975 – 1980, he proceeded to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria between 1984 – 1987 where he obtained his B.A Hons Public Administration.
His other Professional achievement;
- Member, Nigerian institute of management.
- General Management cares ASION.
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Administrator.
His other Achievements/Award/Honor;
- Humanitarian service award by the Northern peace Coalition.
- Excellent Service award by Coalition of Northeast students.
Workshops attended by Alhaji Umari are as follows;
- General Management course ASCON Badagry 9th 1994
- Managing is future today, Nigerian institute of Management Abuja 21st 2009.
- Capacity building programmed MDGS and Social sector policies/ programmed 11th 2012.
Functions of the Office
The functions of the Office are as follows;
- The pivot around which Government Business revolves.
- The Office is responsible for the Interpretation of Establishment Circulars and drawing up of the Scheme of Services.
- Formulates training policies and handles retirement and death benefits.
- Advises the Governor in consultation with the Chairman, Civil Service Commission (CSC) on the appointments of Permanent Secretaries.
- The Office Coordinates Staff Salaries, wages and allowances of Civil Servants.
- Coordinates industrial relations of the Civil Service and the Secretariat for the Public Service Negotiation Councils.
- Coordinates career Development of all Senior Management (GL B and above) including training Scheme.
- Allocation of office and residential accommodation to Civil Servants.
- Providing staff for newly established and Ad-hoc bodies.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Civil Service by maintaining high morale spirit-de-corps and good image of the service.
The Head of Service
Hon. Suzy began her educational pursuit at Ndaforo LEA Primary School, Kurmi LGA from 1975 – 1980 where she enrolled into Government Secondary School, Zing LGA in 1997, after which she proceeded to School of Nursing and Midwifery, Yola – Gongola State (now Adamawa State) from 1982 – 1986; attended the School of Nursing, University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital from 1990 – 1991; obtained a Diploma in Health Administration between 1992 – 1996 and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Administration between 1998 – 2002 from the University of Maiduguri.
She also has a Masters in Health Planning and Management from the University of Maiduguri between 2003 – 2007 and obtained her membership from the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru – Jos and undertook her Senior Executive Course 39 in 2017.
She served as the immediate past Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources.
Past Heads of Service
|1.||Mr. Simon Istifanus Angyu||21st March. 2016 - 2019
|2.||Bldr. Augustine Bazing Yazing||21st Nov. 2014 – 24th March, 2016
|3.||Mrs. Asabe Maiangwa||6th Dec. 2013 – 21st Nov. 2014
|4.||Bldr. Augustine Bazing Yazing||14th June, 2011 – 3rd Dec. 2013|
|5.||Dr. Hamidu B. Moh’d||20th Jan. 2010 – 31st Dec. 2010
|6.||Haj. Aishatu Mohammed||1st June, 2007 – 16th Jan. 2010
|7.||Mr. Anthony Adda ||19th July, 2004 – 1st June, 2007|
|8.||Mr. Joshua Musa||8th April, 2002 – 8th June, 2004|
|9.||Mr. Joseph Machoko ||22nd Dec, 2000 – 8th April, 2002|
|10.||Alh. Suleiman Zubairu||8th Sept. 1999 – 22nd Dec. 2000
|11.||Mr. Babaji A. Kagal||1st Jan, 1999 – 3rd Sept. 1999|