The Head of Civil Service
Mr. Simon Istifanus Angyu, the Head of Civil Service, was born on 1st December 1958. He hails from Wukari Local Government Area and is married with three (3) children.
The Head of Service began his educational career at Ebenezer Senior Primary School, Wukari from 1966 – 1972 after which he enroled into Government Secondary School, Otukpo, Benue state from 1972 – 1977. He then proceeded to SBS, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and the University of Jos, Nigeria from 1978 – 1979, 1979 – 1982 and 1989 – 1990 respectively.
Qualifications obtained by the Head of Service are enumerated below;
- First School Leaving Certificate.
- West Africa School Certificate.
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (A/level).
- Bachelor of Science (Economics).
- Masters of Science Economics (Money/Finance).
Workshops attended by the Head of Civil Service include;
- Three (3) Weeks Training Programme on Project Analysis and Evaluation by the National Centre for Economic Management and Administration (NCEMA), Ibadan, 1989.
- One (1) Week Professional Improvement Course for Planning and Budget Executives by Oduduma and Co. (Management Consultant), Calabar, Cross River State, 1989.
- Two (2) Weeks Training Workshop on Planning Monitoring and Evaluation by the National Centre for Economic Management And Administration (NCEMA), Ibadan, 1991.
- Two (2) Weeks Training Course On Intensive Speech Report Writing By The University Of Jos, Consultancy Services Division, Jos – 1992.
- Six (6) Weeks Training On Financial Management by Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), Topo-Badagry, Lagos – 1992.
- Three (3) Days National Workshop on Collective Bargaining in Public and Private Sectors of the Nigeria Economy by the Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity, Maiduguri – 1992.
- Three (3) Days Seminar on Labour in Modern Society by the Institute of Labour Studies, Ilorin – 1993.
- Two (2) Days National Workshop on Training Needs Analysis for Economic Management Technical Assistance by Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), Topo-Badagry, Lagos – 1994.
- Five (5) Days National Workshop on Budgeting and Budget Implementation by the National Planning Commission, Abuja 1996.
- Five (5) Days National Workshop on Training of Trainers by the United Nations Development Programme, (UNDP) Yola – 1997.
- Two (2) Days National Seminar on the Debt Problem and the Nigerian by the Debt Management Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Abuja 1997.
- Two (2) Days Workshop on Effective Delegation and Leaders by Ahmed Toju And Associates (Training And Management Consultants), Lagos, for Public Officers and Directors in Taraba State Civil Service, Jalingo – 1997.
- Two (2) Days National Seminar on Participatory Monitoring and Plan Implementation for the Forth (4) Republic organised by Office of Honourable Minister for Economic Matters (The Presidency) Abuja, 2000.
- Three (3) Days Training Workshop on Revenue Generation Fiscal Accountability and Transparency in Taraba State conducted by the Institute of Governance and Social Research (IGSR) Jos, held at Jalingo, 2001.
- Two (2) Days National Conference on Security Documents organised by Nigeria Security Printing and Minting Company Ltd (NSPMC), Abuja – 2001.
AD-HOC Responsibilities of the Head of Service
- Joint Secretary, Planning Committee on the Launching of the Defunct Gongola State Development Appeal Fund, 1985.
- Secretary, Committee to Scrutinize All Claims by Contractors and Suppliers so as to Verify the Authenticity of the Claims owed From 1983 – 1986 (Defunct Gongola State), 1987.
- Member, Committee to Review all Contracts Awarded in respect of Bali General Hospital (Defunct Gongola State), 1988.
- Member, Committee to Negotiate with Officials of the Nigerian Labour Congress (Defunct Gongola State) on the New Minimum Wage, 1991.
- Member, Task Force Committee on Revenue Generation in Taraba State, 1994.
- Member, State Budget Monitoring and Economic Intelligent Committee, 1995.
- Member, State Priority Project Committee, 1997.
- Member, High-Powered Committee on Investigation of Case of Overpayment of Federal Statutory Allocation to Local Governments in Taraba State, (1992 – 1994), 1998.
- Secretary, Task Force Committee for Execution of Projects Funded Under Federal Government Special Grant in Taraba State, 1988-1999.
- Chairman, Committee to look into the Possibility of Granting Car Loans to Civil Servants in the Taraba State Civil Service, 1999.
- Member, Main Committee on the Hosting of Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FACC) Meeting in Taraba State, April 1999.
- Member, State Project Monitoring Committee, 2001.
- Chairman, Taraba State Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (TSEEDS) Technical Committee, 2004.
- Member, Taraba State Transition from Civilian to Civilian Government, Committee, 2007.
- Letter of Commendation by the Defunct Gongola State Government for Selfless Service and Extra Effort of Performance Rendered in 1985.
- Issued with Letter of Commendation by the Defunct Gongola State Government for Remarkable Performance in 1988.
- Issued with Letter of Commendation by the Defunct Gongola State Government for the role played to enable the State Government to take a crucial decision on the 1991 New Minimum Wage during its negotiation with the Officials of the State Nigerian Labour Congress in 1991.
- Appointed as the State Director of Budget (Meritorious Appointment) by the then Military Administrator of Taraba State Col. Yohanna Mamman Dickson Fss Msss Psc (+) in 1994.
- Issued with Letter of Appreciation and Commendation by the then Military Administrator of Taraba State Col. Yohanna Mamman Dickson Fss Msss Psc (+) for Active and Patriotic in the Preparation and Reception of the Presidential Budget Monitoring Team that visited the State from November 8th – 10th In 1995.
- Issued with Letter of Commendation by the then Military Administrator of Taraba State, Commissioner of Police Amen Edore Oyakhire for My Dedication and Hard work, Perseverance and Faithfulness in Monitoring and Reporting exactly progress of Work on all Priority Projects in the State in 1996.
- Issued With Letter of Commendation by the then Military Administrator of Taraba State, Commissioner of Police Amen Edore Oyakhire for the Production of Information and Impressive 1997
- Local Government Budget, which has contributed positively to the needs of the Local Government and the Rural Populace in the State in 1997.
- Issued with Letter of Commendation by the then Military Administrator of Taraba State, Col. Ina Joseph Owoniyi Fss Mss Psc for satisfactorily handling the execution of Projects funded under Government Special Grants for the development of the Young States in particular and the Nation in general, as a Secretary of the Committee in 1999.
The Nigerian Agricultural and Cooperative Bank (NACB) Ltd. Contributions to Nigeria Being Self-Sufficient In Food Production between 1973-1981 (Unpublished), 1982.
- M.Sc. THESIS:
Budgetary Allocation in Nigeria: A Case Study Of Gongola State 1985-1989, (Unpublished), 1990.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Life Member of the Nigerian Economic Society (LM 1030).
- Special Member, Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN).
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM).
Mr Simon Istifanus Angyu likes Photography, Reading , Lawn Tennis etc.