The Ministry of Culture and Tourism was established in November 2014 with Abdulsalam A. Bashir as its Pioneer Commissioner.
Mr. Atosuma James Gani is the current Commissioner, and Musa Gidado is the Permanent Secretary.
Agencies under the Ministry are listed below;
- Tourism Board.
- Taraba State Arts Council.
- Taraba State Hotels Services
Functions of the Ministry
The Functions of the Ministry are listed below;
- Formulation of cultural and tourism potentials.
- Advising the Government on cultural matters.
- Liaising with other cultural and tourism agencies.
- Encourage drama, traditional dances, festival, music, culture and arts.
- Promote and undertake research in the fields of travels, marketing and merchandising.
- Responsible for the development of Game Reserves, Area Reserves, Holidays Resorts, Amusement Parks, Garden Parks Camp Sites, etc.
- Act as tour operators and sales tourists to resorts within and outside the State.
- Establishment, management, and regulation of the hospitality industry in the State.
- Monitors the activities of hospitality in the State and set standards for them.
Achievements of the Ministry
Notable achievements of the Ministry are listed below;
- The observation of the World Tourism Day.
- Partaking in the National Festival of Arts and Culture (NAFEST).
- Partaking in the African Arts and Craft Expo