Taraba State Sports Coucil was established on 1st
September, 1991 and is currently under the leadership of Mrs. Yosie Daniel Ayuba as Director of Sports.
Functions of the Agency:
The functions of the Department include;
- Grassroot Sports Development.
- Control of all Sporting activities in the State and Nation at large.
- Coordinate National activities in the State.
- Organize State festivals.
- Coordinate Local Government Sporting activities.
- Train Athletes for National and International programmes.
- Scout and harness talents into the various Sporting fields.
- Produce Coaches and Secretaries who will handle the Association both at Local Government, State and National Bodies in the various games.
- Train and retrain Sports Administrators for the State and Nation.