Honorable Irimiya Ibrahim Hamman Julde is currently the Commissioner of the Taraba State Ministry of Works and Transportation.
He possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Education Management from the Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola and a National Certificate of Education in Library Science \ Social Studies from the College of Education, Jalingo.
He has contributed immensely to the well being of the people of Lau Local Government Area where he hails from through the construction of roads and provision of potable water.
Honorable Irimiya is a recipient of the Gold Award of excellent contribution to the community by the National Council for Women Societies, NCWS.
He also earned an award for outstanding commitment and contribution to promoting evangelism by the United Methodist Church of Nigeria, UMCN, women in 2017.
He has attended the following workshops:
- Common Wealth Parliamentary Association, London, 2008.
- Common Wealth Parliamentary Association, Kenya, 2010.
- National Workshop on the review of revenue sharing formula towards constitutional amendment, Abuja,2008.
The Commissioner has held to following political appointments
- Elected Member, Taraba State House of Assembly, 2003 – 2011.
- Care Taker Chairman, Lau Local Government Area, 2011 – 2012.
- Member, Governing Board of the College of Education, Zing, 2012 – 2014.
- Special Adviser to the Governor, 2017 – 2018.
He had his early education at the Katibu Primary School from 1973 to 1978 and Government Teachers’ College, Yola from 1979 to 1984.
Born on January 1st, 1963, he is married with five children and enjoys watching games and reading.