The Chief Medical Director (CMD)
Mr. Rimande Ubandoma Joel is currently the Chief Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Specialist Hospital, Jalingo. He was born on 4th September, 1968 and hails from Takum Local Government Area. He is married with three (3) children.
He began his educational career at Alheri Primary School (former EKAS) Takum from 1974-1980 where he proceeded to Government Day Secondary School, Takum and Government Science School from 1980-1982 and 1982-1986 respectively. He then enrolled into the University of Nigeria Medical College (UNN) FROM 1985-1991 and University College Hospital, Ibadan from 2000-2004.
His Professional Achievements include;
- Fellow of the West African College of Surgeons (Faculty of Radiology) FWACS.
- Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (Faculty of Radiology) FMCR.
- Visiting Fellow of Massachusetts TT General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston.
- Visiting Fellow of University of Luebeck Teaching Hospital, Germany.
Other achievements made and awards received include;
- Noble Global News Magazine, Great Africa Achievers. Leaders Legacy Award – 5th September, 2015.
- Institute of Corporate Administration Fellowship Award – 22nd November, 2014.
- Corporate and Media Africa Communications ltd. Distinguished Leadership in National Development (DLINGA) Award – 16th June, 2012.
- Strategic Institute for National Resources and Human Development. “Pillars for Nation Building Award – 10th August, 2010.
- The New Life for All North Eastern states 2010 Ment Award on her Annual Six State Conference in Jalingo – 12th June, 2010.
He also attended the following workshops;
- International Visiting Fellowship in Cardiovascular and General Radiology, University of Luebeck Teaching Hospital, Germany – August-September, 2012.
- Advanced Personnel and Human Resources Management held at ASCON, Badagry, Lagos – 3rd-16th July, 2010.
- Health Resource Management Course organized by National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria at LUTH, Lagos – 16th-27th August, 2004.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging organized by the West African College of Surgeons at National Hospital, Abuja, 26th-28th September, 2001.
- Ultrasonography in Clinical Practice organized by West African College of Surgeons at University of Illorin Teaching Hospital, 14th-15thSeptember, 2000.
- Radiological Physics organized by the West African College of Surgeons in LUTH, Lagos – 8th-11th August, 2000.
Dr. Rimande has held the following Political achievements;
- Chief Medical Director, Taraba state Specialist Hospital – 2013-Date.
- Acting Chief Medical Director, Taraba state Specialist Hospital – 2008-2013.
- Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee, Taraba state Specialist Hospital – 2007-2013.
- Head of Departmentof Radiology, Taraba state Specialist Hospital – 2007-Date.
- Principal Medical Officer In-charge, General Hospital, Warwar; 1996-1998.
- Chief Resident, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Radiology Department, 2003-2004.
He has made the following Publications;
- Traumatic Spondyles Traumatic Spondylolisthesis (Hangman’s Fracture). Associated with Facial Injuries: A case report presented at the West African College of Surgeons 50th Anniversary Conference – 6th-13th February, 2010.
- Ultrasonographically Determined Thyroid Volume in Pregnant Women. National Postgraduate Medical College. Part 2 finals desertation – 2004.
- Skin Metastasis in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. A short case report presented at the Association of Pathologist of Nigeria – 11th August, 2009.
- B1-RADS LEXICON: An urgent call for the Standardization of Breast Ultrasound in Nigeria. Annals of Ibadan Postgraduate Medicine 3(1) (co-author) – June, 2005.
- “Computer Tomography and Childhood Seizure Disorder in Ibadan”. West African Journal of Medicine, 23 (2) 2004 (co-author) – July, 2004.
Dr. Rimande enjoys Table Tennis, Cycling, Reading and Listening to Christian Messages and Music.